Sunday, June 12, 2011

Thrift Store Magic!

Now these mason jars were collected over the last few weeks for about $.99 a jar... and then I tinted them blue to resemble the vintage ones that cost like 12 bucks each. These guys, however, cost me about $1.50 a piece including the glass tint! I found the diy at bridal buzz and found all the supplies at Michaels.





So, I made a mistake with the first few by painting both the inside and outside with the tint... it comes out really blue. I want them to have a softer aqua color. By painting only the outside (like the tutorial says but I managed to forget that part) they look a lot better. I used a fan brush like she did but I think I will try using a sponge brush the next time around because some parts look really streaky, and I am afraid they wont fade when I bake them.. I will post an update after I bake them and test out the sponge idea. Cheers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment