Monday, June 13, 2011

Dandelion Joy

These cute pom pom flowers from idiy are my new favorite thing. They are so freaking easy to make!! After you make the pom poms (make a bunch while you watch TV so you have a back stock) hot glue it to a long, skinny twig!
I had the idea to make a "Birthday Wishes" pom pom flower when I accidentally forgot a colleagues birthday. I don't know her that well so it would be wierd to buy her a gift, and cards always put so much pressure on me to write something sentimental... also weird. So l tied a Avery tag on with a cute ribbon and wrote a simple "Happy Birthday" on the tag, Viola! So adorable and unique! They look awesome in vases too, so the bday girl can go home and add a happy dandelion to her home.




I am keeping them in my car, in my desk at work, everywhere just in case I'm caught off guard by my neighbor or the barista at Starbucks who always make me a perfect latte. I hope you love them too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment