Thursday, July 28, 2011

Camping Cuties

like I said in past blogs, I have this grandiose dream of "pretty camping". I have realized that it is going to take a few trips to get everything in order. But here is what I have so far:

 (I made the bunting in the backgroound with some napkins I found in the dollar bin at target.)


(here is another shot of the bunting with a pretty swallowtail butterfly. I had a lot of fun finding all the dishes we used on the trip. The plastic stemless wine glasses were on sale at Target for $2.50 for four! We also have a fantastic oilcloth table cloth that makes camping sanitary AND beautiful.)

(I bought these a few weeks ago at a thrift store and had this idea that I would transform them into "Camping Caddies". I cut a half inch pvc pipe to 6" and used wire to attach them to the baskets. then I decorated the pvc pipes with washi tape and Voila! Adorable little caddies.)

(This on is the Bathroom Caddy, complete with Clorox, air freshener, hand sanitizer, toilet paper, lysol disinfectant spray, and a little lantern)
 
 (This one is the "Beauty Caddy" with all the things you need on an hourly basis on a camping trip but don't want to go digging through you luggage for every time. We filled ours with a brush, baby wipes, dry shampoo, spray deodorant - we felt it was easy to apply AND every one could share it- a mirror, spray on sunscreen, an arsenal of bug sprays, and hair ties)

(here is a shot of the two baskets together. We also had one for first aid supplies and another that we used to collect drift wood and flowers in on our hikes)

cute eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment